Thirteen students are into the semi-finals of the Republic Bank Rightstart Primary Schools’ Speech Contest.
This follows their successful participation in preliminary sessions on May 13 at three locations: Western Light Church of the Nazarene (Zone A); New Dimension Ministries (Zone B) and Christ Church Parish Church Hall (Zone C).
Forty-eight students participated from 27 public and private primary schools across the island in the sessions and the top four speakers from each zone qualified for a spot in the semi-finals. However, in Zone A, there was a tie resulting in five students going forward.
These students and their respective schools are: In Zone A: Shania Williams, St. Alban’s Primary; Dawnte Alleyne, Grantley Prescod Memorial; Iyanla Jordan, Hindsbury Primary; and Aviann Alleyne and Alik Beckles, both of Grazettes Primary.
In Zone B: Aaliyah Wilkinson, Lawrence T. Gay; Shenae Robinson, Bay Primary; Faith Alleyne and Joshua Desir both of Charles F. Broome.
The students reaching the semi-finals in Zone C are: Tamara Barrow, Cuthbert Moore; Elan Albalak, Codrington School; Nailan Walton-Harper, St. Luke’s Brighton and Lael Charles, Gordon Walters Primary.
The semi-finals are scheduled to take place on May 25 at 10 a.m. at the St. Gabriel’s School Hall, Henry’s Lane, St. Michael.
Parents and guardians are invited to attend the semi-finals and support the primary schools in this speak-off competition.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App