SANKOFA, the Afrikan heritage fair and culture show, which was postponed from April 19 due to heavy rains, will now take place on May 19 at the Deacons hard courts, St. Michael from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. Among the things patrons can expect to see at SANKOFA are Afrikan tribal face painting, Henna Tattooing, an Afrikan heroes gallery, games, jumping tents, pony rides, Afrikan cuisine, clothing, craft, jewelry, literature, DVD’s , CD,s with music from some of our local entertainers and a cultural show starting at 5 p.m.
The cultural show will be comprised of a stick licking demonstration, drumming, dance, spoken word, song and more. There will be a SANKOFA after party at Georgina’s Bar and Lounge, 116 Roebuck Street, Bridgetown from 10pm until. DJ’s for the after party will be the Godfather Ijahman, Empress Gad and from Haynesville, Shotta Sounds with Cat Cool and Hubba.
SANKOFA will be held in honour of our Afrikan heritage and culture, celebrating the birth of Malcom X and celebrating the lives and works of our Afrikan heroes both National, the continent as well as the Diaspora.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App