Not everyone appeared to be a “Belieber” on Sunday night.
In what was uncharted territory for the pop superstar – at industry award shows if not his concerts – Justin Bieber heard a chorus of boos as accepted the fan-voted milestone award at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas.
“I’m 19 years old,” he told the crowd in accepting the final award of the night. “I think I’m doing a pretty good job.”
Those in the crowd said the negative response to Bieber was even louder in the arena than it sounded on television.
“This is not a gimmick,” he went on to say, in what sounded like an agitated tone. “I’m an artist, and I should be taken seriously. This other bull should not be spoken of.”
After the show, LMFAO’s SkyBlu came to his defense, asking reporters, “Does a day go by you don’t hear Justin Bieber’s name? You’ve got to give him respect for that.”
The night wasn’t all bad for Bieber, though, as he also took home the top male artist award as well.
He also performed twice, singing Take You from his 2012 album Believe and later taking stage with Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am for their collaboration #thatPOWER. (People)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App