An immigration officer has been charged in connection with human trafficking cases in Barbados.
Thirty eight year old Ryan Rudolph Jordan of Bagatelle Park, St. James appeared in court today, after being charged with misconduct in public office.
His arrest is part of ongoing police investigations into the human trafficking of five Guyanese women last month. Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector David Welch, said the probe followed an operation at a bar in Nelson Street, The City on April 18.
Jordan was granted bail in the sum of $5,000 with one surety, and ordered to be back in court on September 5. (EJ)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App