More than 3,000 people tested their stamina last Sunday when they ran or walked from Chefette Rockley in Christ Church to Fontabelle, St. Michael. It was the annual Olga Lopes-Seale Needy Children’s Fund Fun Run, which was sponsored this year by Chefette Restaurants.
Apart from the prizes for the first male and first female home, there were also rewards for the first boy and first girl under 13, the first senior male and female, the largest school, the largest Corporate Team and Aunty Olga Look-A like.
The purpose of the event was to raise money for the Needy Children’s Fund.
This Fund assists in the purchase of school uniforms for children whose families cannot afford to buy them. Administrators of the Fund have also said that, apart from those registered to benefit, they were also getting requests almost daily, from other families who would not normally seek help. They explained that the current economic challenges have severely impacted a larger number of people in the country.
In the lead up to the Fun Run, the organisers produced T-shirts and other paraphernalia for sale, in order to raise money for this cause.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App