The Subaru Legacy won the top rank “Five Star Award” for earning the maximum overall rating in the 2012 Japan New Car Assessment Programme crash safety evaluation tests.
This was announced recently by Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., the manufacturer of Subaru automobiles, and the tests were conducted by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism and the National Agency for Automotive Safety and Victim’s Aid.
The Legacy received the award for the second consecutive year following its 2011 “Five Star Award”. This is the second five-star rating for Subaru in 2012 JNCAP. The Subaru Impreza also won the same prize in November of 2012.
Through its brand statement “Confidence in Motion”, FHI is committed to offering its customers Subaru’s distinctive “Enjoyment and Peace of Mind” driving experience. Subaru will continue to enhance its active, passive and pre-crash safety technologies under the Subaru “All-Around Safety” principle as the foundation of enjoyable, heartsease driving for drivers and passengers.
Active safety: Accident avoidance with vehicle control and risk avoidance features.
Passive safety: Occupants protection with crash safety features.
Pre-crash safety: Pre-crash detection with advanced driver assist technologies such as warning alarm and pre-collision braking.
The Subaru Legacy Evaluation Overview indicated:
* Full-wrap frontal collision: Driver’s seat – Level 5 (Top rank) / Front passenger seat – Level 5 (Top rank)
* Offset frontal collision: Driver’s seat – Level 5 (Top rank) / Rear passenger seat – Level 4
* Side collision: Driver’s seat – Level 5 (Top rank)
* Neck injury protection in rear-end collision: Driver’s seat – Level 4 (Top rank) / Front passenger seat – Level 4 (Top rank)
* Pedestrian head protection: Level 5 (Top rank)
* Pedestrian leg protection: Level 4 (Top rank)
* Passenger seat belt reminder: Level 3