The first major event of the 2013 Barbados Gospelfest “spoke off” last night at the St. Mary’s Anglican Church.
It was another in the annual Hymnspeak event, which featured violinist Leandro Layne, the Bethel Chimmers and the Hymnspeak Voice Choir under the direction of Mikie Roberts with John Bryan on organ.
People filled the pews of the church where they actively participated in what is one of most popular eventsof Gospelfest. The rest of the week’s itinerary also features the Barbados Public Workers Cooperative Credit Union’s Sunset Concert in Independence Square tonight as well as the second annual Joseph Niles Legacy Lecture at the Grand Salle tomorrow night. Dr. Curwen Best will be the lecturer. On Friday there will be Capita Financial Services Laughter and Jazz at Divi Southwinds. (EJ)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App