The following statement was issued this morning by President of the Barbados Association of Retired Persons, Ed Bushell, at the passing of James Sisnett.
The Barbados Association of Retired Persons extends sincere condolences to the family of the late James Emmanuel “Doc” Sisnett. Mr Sisnett was the oldest person in the western hemisphere and he was the only living verified Barbadian super centenarian and last surviving verified black man born in the 19th century. He was a long standing member of BARP and was made an honorary member since September 2010. A regular attendee at the St Luke’s Anglican Church, he will be remembered as a fine example of active aging and positive living.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App