If you jumped last year with the Rumatology Foreday Mornin’ Band, you should have been paying close attention as you wined your way to Spring Garden in those early morning hours.
One of the two bandleaders, Danielle Prescod, told Barbados TODAY their 400 revellers will be facing De Grading Session.
“Last year we did Amnesia, which is the different phases of drinking, so this year everybody will be graded based on their participation last year. This year we have a membership card which allows discounts at our various partners’ clothing stores.
“We’ve also have Colour-Coded on board this year, so revellers also get a make-up kit as part of the package. We will have an after party and breakfast at the Ranch this year. The costumes have headpieces this year,” she said.
The band, which has four sections — Bacardi Connoisseurs, Socialisers, Drunkards and Guzzlers — was launched on Sunday in Speightstown.
Prescod said the response has been good so far and some of the people who jumped with them last year will be returning.
There will also be a soca scenic ride on June 23 with live entertainment at the second stop — but for now the performers remain a secret.
The costumes can also be viewed on their Facebook page. (DS)
Photos by Neil Springer
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App