The Optimist Club of Barbados South has chartered yet another primary school Alpha Club.
This time the OCBS has established a club at the Blackman Gollop School. The other club is at the Hindsbury School. Alpha Clubs seek to encourage young persons to become actively involved in their communities through various community service projects and activities.
The president of the newly formed club is Kimani Archer and the Secretary-Treasurer is Brandon Leonce. The members are already enthusiastic about the future and are presently planning a number of fund raisers, including an event to be held at the school fair on May 25, and a cents drive. These events will help to finance service projects that the club will soon undertake.
Establishment of this club is an effort by the Optimist Club of Barbados South to foster leadership in schools, and to create community spirit amongst the youth of Barbados.
Principal … at the charter ceremony on May 19, said: “It is through the giving of oneself that we are fulfilled… It is not always what we can receive but how we can assist or give back to those in need of what we can offer them”.
The Optimist Club of Barbados South, an affiliate of Optimist International, is a non-profit service organisation dedicated to serving young people through personal development and mentoring programmes as well as a number of community services projects.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App