2 large ripe plantains or bananas, peeled
1 cup self-rising flour
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1/4 teaspoon salt
Oil for deep-fat frying
Place plantains in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add the flour, onion, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended (batter will be moist).
In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375∞. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App