The West Indies Cricket Board today announced Confident Group as the West Indies Team Sponsor for the ICC Champions Trophy in England next month and ICC World Twenty20 2014 in Bangladesh.
Confident Group, is an Indian conglomerate, headquartered in Bangalore with interests in infrastructure, hospitality, aviation, entertainment, education and health care. Confident Group is the largest owner and operator of hotels in Bangalore.
“We welcome Confident Group as our team sponsor for these two mega world cricketing events. The West Indies Team, having won the World Twenty20 in 2012 is one of the most attractive teams for a sponsor to be associated with in international cricket at the moment and we are delighted to have the Confident Group on board for the Champions Trophy and the World Twenty20 in 2014 when the West Indies will defend our title,” WICB Chief Executive Officer Michael Muirhead said.
“This association of the West Indies Team with another major Asian company is significant from the point of view that we are able to attract some of the most high profile companies from a dynamic and wide-ranging cricket market to our portfolio and it is a demonstration of the confidence of the corporate sector in West Indies cricket which remains a strong brand on the global cricket stage,” Muirhead added. (windiescricket)
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App