PORT OF SPAIN — Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley has no problem talking to Deputy Commissioner of Police Mervyn Richardson about the series of e-mails he showed to the Parliament last week.
Yesterday he said he was contacted by Richardson.
“I was advised on Friday that he (Richardson) communicated with my office. Tomorrow I will get in contact with him and arrange. If he wants to talk with me I will ensure that he speaks to me.”
Rowley also said he had little to say again concerning the e-mails because he said “what I had to say in parliament”.
Rowley was speaking to the Express during the People’s National Movement sports and family day at Skinner Park, San Fernando.
Richardson is heading investigations into the controversial e-mails alleging wrongdoing by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, Attorney General Anand Ramlogan and other senior Government officials. (Express)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App