PORT OF SPAIN — A 14 year-old schoolboy was stabbed to death in a fight at the Waterloo High School, Carapichaima Trinidad today.
Police said Renaldo Dixon, a Third Form pupil, was involved in an argument with another pupil over a girl around 10:20 a.m.
Dixon, of Bagna Trace, Chase Village, Chaguanas was stabbed four times. He was pronounced dead at the Freeport Health Facility.
A 16-year-old fifth form pupil, was detained by police.
Officials of the Education Ministry’s Student Support Services went to the school to speak with pupils, teacher and parents impacted by the violence.
Secondary school pupils today began writing Caribbean Examination Council’s Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate. Pupils sat the Biology subject during the morning period and History in the afternoon. Some secondary schools also had examinations for third form pupils today. (Express)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App