Expect a sweet kind of warfare when the Villagers International Chocolate Army hits the road for the Foreday Mornin Jam.
Female revellers will be marching in five sections – Ilinthyia, Neavia, Pocahontas, Xena and Penelope which have front and backlines, while the men have four section to choose from – Apollo, Aries, Poseidon and Zeus.
The three-year-old band was launched on Friday night at Priva Nightclub and one of Villagers’ band leaders Leandro Downes, told Barbados TODAY the costumes were designed by Tennycia Gill. He said they told her what they wanted and she came up with the designs which are in keeping with the army concept which they started last year.
Downes said that they were hoping to get between 800 and 1,000 revellers this year although they were hoping to keep it closer to 800. Each reveller will get a package that includes the costume, cup, and condoms.
Registration began this evening and a Villagers International Membership card is also in the works for those who sign up. The card would allow the holder to get discounts at different stores.
The band leader also said that long before the launch, people were asking about the costumes. (DS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App