The Department of Archives, in collaboration with the West Indies Federal Archives Centre, will host a public lecture on Thursday, May 30.
Scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m., it will be held at The 3Ws Pavilion, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus.
The lecture, which is titled Keeping the Record Straight: The Uses and Abuses of Archives, will be conducted by Pro-Vice Chancellor — Undergraduate Studies, UWI, Professor Alan Cobley.
After the lecture, a panel discussion will take place.
It will feature Lecturer in the History Department of the Barbados Community College, Trevor Marshall, and Lecturer in the History Department, UWI, Dr. Tara Inniss.
Both the lecture and panel discussion are being staged to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the UWI, Cave Hill Campus as well as National Archives Awareness Month 2013.
The public is invited.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App