After gaining more than a decade’s worth of experience working with costumes bands Nanette Worrell will this year introduce her very own.
Frolic International presents Unique Barbados a Grand Kadooment band with five sections: The Beaches, The People, The Baobab Tree, Mount Gay and Coral Reef, which has three sub sections: Flying Fish, Parrot Fish and “Goggle” Fish.
Assistant band leader, Candy Alleyne, as she spoke to Bajan Vibes said it was the first year for the band but explained Worrell chose not to go in the route of a Foreday Mornin’ band to wet her feet in the festivities because they were ready for a “big jump”.
“After so many years, we have gained experience and we have gained confidence enough to try to do something ourselves rather than live in somebody’s shadow,” Alleyne, who likewise has spent many years working both with carnival bands in Trinidad and Kadooment bands, said. “Yes the competition is going to be tight
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App