An American Idol alum judging panel in the works? Season 3 contestant turned superstar Jennifer Hudson has reportedly signed on to be a judge on the Fox reality competition show this fall.
E! News reports that Hudson, 31, has finalized a deal to join the judges’ panel for season 13. Hudson made a name for herself after appearing on season 3 of American Idol in 2004. Though she only came in seventh place, Hudson went on to become a Grammy-winning singer and Academy Award-winning actress.
According to E! News, Hudson may be joining the Idol judging panel with other former contestants. The show is reportedly looking to revamp the show with a new panel of three, and are eyeing Kelly Clarkson and either Adam Lambert or Clay Aiken. Clarkson, 31, won the first season of Idol in 2002, Aiken, 34, was the season 2 runner-up in 2003 and Lambert, 31, was the season 8 runner-up in 2009.
Veteran judge Randy Jackson announced on May 9 that he will be leaving the show. His season 12 costars, Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj, have not yet confirmed whether they will be returning to the show.
An insider, however, told Us Weekly earlier this month that Minaj will be leaving. “It’s safe to say she isn’t coming back to Idol,” the source told Us of the rapper. “She’s okay with it. She had a great time but was only going to do one season anyway.”(Us Weekly)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App