Lester Vaughan travelled to Black Rock, St. Michael today and discounted Ellerslie’s home court advantage to emerge with a relatively easy 21-13 victory in the Secondary Schools Netball Competition.
The visitors were particularly strong in their defensive play intercepting several passes from Ellerslie and placing great pressure on both the goal shoot and goal attack of their opponents which resulted in several missed goal attempts.
Indeed, the shooting of both teams was somewhat below par and Lester Vaughan owed their win to their ability to limit Ellerslie’s goal attempts.
At the end of the first two quarters the score was 10-6 in favor of Lester Vaughan, with some hope of Ellerslie launching a comeback. This was not to be, however, as the Cane Garden, St. Thomas extended their lead over the next two quarters to win by an eight-goal advantage.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App