Fire officers had to use the “jaws of life” to free Charles Forde, the driver of a private van, following an accident with a minibus on Baxters Road around 6:30 a.m. today.
Forde sustained injuries to his right shoulder and right foot.
Meanwhile, Byron Alleyne, the driver of the minibus, complained of pain in his right foot, while Valenta Webster, a passenger in the minibus suffered cuts to her right knee and complained of pain in her chest. The injured persons were taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. (NC)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App