Sixty-eight-old Winfield Nurse, has been charged with murdering his grand-daughter, Rasheida Bascombe, who went missing 11 years ago.
This afternoon, the Accommodation Road, Bush Hall, St. Michael resident appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court where he faced two counts of incest in addition to the murder charge.
Nurse who is represented by attorney-at-law Kristin Edwards, was not required to plea to the indictable charges. He was remanded to Dodds Prison until July 1.
A statement from the police over the weekend indicated that they had “made significant progress” in the case.
The former Parkinson Memorial Secondary School student went missing on January 2, 2002. Her disappearance led to an island-wide search.
A joint investigative team, led by Acting Assistant Commissioner of Police, with responsibility for Crime Management, Mark Thompson, and including detectives from the Cold Case Unit, Truth Verification Unit, Major Incident Room, Crime Analysis Unit and the Major Crime Unit worked to verify who was responsible for Bascombe’s disappearance. (NC)
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App