The annual Republic Bank Inter-club Tennis Competition came to a close on May 25 at the Tennis Centre in Wildey. St. Michael.
Victorious for the fourth straight year was the team from Summerhayes, defeating Ocean View by 50 games to 35.
The finals winners were as follows: Men’s Singles – Dylan Hall (Summerhayes); Ladies Singles – Joelle Hall ( Summerhayes); Mens Doubles #1 pair – Michael Date/ Prashant Nebhani (Summerhayes); Men’s Doubles #2 pair – Martin Frost/ Liam Luke; Ladies Doubles #1 pair – Melena Lopez/ Jamie Lewis (Ocean View); Ladies Doubles #2 pair – Marie-Jeanne Symonds/ Caryl Pearson (Summerhayes); Mixed Doubles – Bernard Frost/ Kim Brandford (Summerhayes).
President of the Barbados Tennis Association, Dr. Raymond Forde, expressed sincere thanks to Republic Bank at the closing ceremony of the contest, noting: “Republic Bank has supported the Inter-club Tennis Competition over the past four years, without its continued support this contest would not be a success year in, year out. We look forward to their continued support over the years.”
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App