The West Indies A Team were made to toil today on the first day of the first four-day ‘Test’ against Sri Lanka A at Warner Park, St. Kitts.
Winning the toss and batting first, the visitors batted the entire day to post 310 for 5 with Ashan Priyanjana unbeaten on 51 and Chathuranga de Silva on 4 at the close of play. But the day belonged to captain Dimuth Karunaratne. The stylish left- handed opener, who has six Test matches under his belt for the senior team, slammed an untroubled 101 while dominating the regional side’s attack. He got solid support along the way from Kithruwan Withanage who made 62 and Udara Jayasundera with 57.
Once again left-arm orthodox spinner Nikita Miller reminded regional selectors of his talents with a splendid display of bowling and was the only one to make any impression against
the visitors. The Jamaican sent down 33 overs and claimed 4 for 93. West Indies A omitted Barbadian pacer Miguel Cummins
and Leeward Islands wicketkeeper Jahmar Hamilton from the starting XI.
WEST INDIES A: Kirk Edwards (captain), Veerasammy Permaul (vice captain), Kraigg Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Sheldon Cotterell, Narsingh Deonarine, Assad Fudadin, Shannon Gabriel, Leon Johnson, Nikita Miller, Chadwick Walton.
SRI LANKA A: Dimuth Karunarathne (captain), Angelo Perera (vice captain), Chathuranga de Silva, Lahiru Gamage, Udara Jayasundera, Tharindu Kaushal, Madura Lakmal, Suranga Lakmal, Vimukthi Perera, Ashan Priyanjana, Kithruwan Withanage.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App