J.E. “Betty” Brathwaite has been appointed as Managing Partner of Deloitte Barbados, effective June 1, 2013, making her Deloitte’s first female managing partner in the Caribbean.
“I am confident that Betty and our other partners — Ikins Clarke, Oliver Jordan and Gordon Walker — will continue to ensure exceptional service and take the firm and our clients from strength to strength,” said Patrick Toppin, outgoing Managing Partner.
Toppin will continue involvement with the firm for a limited time as a partner.
Brathwaite has been the firm’s audit leader, offering clients over 20 years of professional experience. Prior to assuming that role, she was involved in the delivery of tax and related services.
Deloitte’s new managing partner is the current president of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Caribbean and has been playing a key role in the development of the regional accountancy body since she was appointed to the Board in June 2001.
She is a past president of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados and continues to serve as a member of the ICAB council. Brathwaite is also the International Assembly Representative of Barbados for the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants of the Caribbean.
Her appointment has been well received by the professionals at Deloitte Barbados, who are now operating from a new office within the 3rd Floor, The Goddard Building, Haggatt Hall, St. Michael.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App