Athletics will return to the National Stadium this weekend. The Athletics Association of Barbados will on June 8 and 9 stage the CAC Age Group Selection Trial where the two top male and female athletes from Under-13 and Under-15 categories will be selected to represent Barbados at the upcoming CAC Age Group Championships in Curacao.
The Olympians Classic is the final qualifying meet for World Youth Championships and will also be used as a warm-up competition for local and overseas-based athletes in preparation for national championships in two weeks.
To date there are 21 athletes with qualifying performances for the CACs.
The unavailability of the National Stadium affected the staging this year of the annual NAPSAC and BSSAC championships. Government had made a decision last year to undertake restorative work to the track and other areas of the stadium.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App