Police now have in their custody a boat and more than 838 pounds of cannabis, but no suspects, following their latest drugs seizure.
Last night, officers from the Drug Squad, the Regional Security System and the Barbados Coast Guard, carried out two drug busts in St. Lucy. The first took place at 7:45 in which four polythene bags of cannabis were discovered at Harrison’s Point.
About 25 minutes later, the joint security forces went to Fyres Wells and seized 13 polythene bags of drugs and a boat.
Meanwhile, in an unrelated incident, police are investigating a shooting incident in the same parish last night. Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector David Welch, could give no further details, only to say that the victim was being treatment at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. (EJ)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App