Blaze Kadooment Band will be writing its name on history’s page when the band hits the road this year.
Bandleader Earl Gill told Barbados TODAY that every year he tries to create something local in an effort to “keep it at home”.
“The band is based on the changes of Barbados’ history from where we started to where we ended up,” he explained.
The name of the band is History Page and the 300 revellers can choose from costumes in four sections Arawak, Royalty, African, and De Pride.
The band was launched on Saturday night at Tyrol Cot in Codrington Hill, St. Michael which is also the band house.
Gill said that fete will be held every Thursday night to help offset the cost of putting the band on the road. He also said that he and sponsors have had a great relationship for the past six years so he had no challenges in this area. (DS)
Photos by Wendell Bailey
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App