It is now down to 16 schools and starting next Tuesday the best Under-12 footballers will be battling it out with the goal of reaching the June 20 final of the Bico-sponsored National Sports Council’s Primary Schools Football Tournament.
Today at the NSC’s My Lord’s Hill, St. Michael headquarters the draw for the next round of matches was made with All Saints Primary versus Wilkie Cumberbatch at Blenheim, St. Michael, and A Dacosta Edwards against St. Bartholomew’s at Bagatelle, St. Thomas, being the first to take the field at 9:30 a.m. on June 11.
At 10.30 a.m. the same day Gordon Walters Primary come up against defending champions St.Gabriel’s, also at Blenheim, while at the corresponding time at Bagatelle, Hilda Skeene put their unbeaten record on the line against Deacons Primary.
The following day, June 12, Arthur Smith take on St. John’s Primary at 9.30 a.m. at Rices, St. Philip, to be followed onto the field at 10.30 a.m. by West Terrace Primary and Roland Edwards Primary. Then at the Gall Hill, St. John pasture Wesley Hall will take on St. Stephen’s Primary at 9.30 a.m. and Cuthbert Moore and George Lamming clash an hour later at the same venue.
The quarterfinals are slated for June 14 and the semi-finals on June 17.
Today president of the Barbados Football Association Randy Harris and coordinator Adrian Donovan of the NSC were present during the draw and there was also the unveiling of the coveted trophy for which the youngsters are competing.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App