The Cave Hill Campus of the University of the West Indies is gearing up for its annual Health Week.
On Monday, June 10, which is billed as Mass Monday, will be a fusion of dance and exercise in Lecture Theatre 1, from 12 noon until 2 p.m. Two days later on Wednesday, June 12 it is Wellness Wednesday in the LRC Courtyard & Quadrangle, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The launch of the third Fit5 Challenge which is the campus’ fitness challenge will also take place.
Two other events slated for that week are Tasty Thursday, in the LRC Courtyard and Quadrangle starting at 12 noon and going until 2 p.m. There will be sampling of healthy and tasty foods and on the following day, Friday, June 14 will be Health Day which will be chock-full of activities
These include an opening ceremony at 10 a.m. in Lecture Theatre 1, where the Featured Presenter is Derek Went, Health Displays from 10 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. with a number of health organisations. There will also be some exercise demonstrations, and the Campus Run/Walk will take place from 4 p.m. and the fun Activities from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App