Blackman & Gollop Primary are the first to make it into the semi-finals of the Pine Hill Dairy-sponsored National Sports Council’s Primary Schools Netball Tournament.
Today at the Netball Stadium, Blackman & Gollop sealed their spot with a 7-2 victory over Lawrence T. Gay Primary during their round two encounter.
Reanna Woodroffe scored four goals from five attempts while Deanna Ramsay had three goals from four attempts. Shakera Gilkes scored the two goals for Lawrence T. Gay.
Lawrence T. Gay fared much better against Ellerton Primary, beating the St. George school 12-2 with Ranicha Prescod getting 10 goals from 12 attempts while Gilkes netted the other two goals. Shanika Phillips got her school’s two goals.
In the match-up between Chalky Mount and Ellerton, the St. Andrew school beat Ellerton 8-3. Asha Yearwood had eight goals from 12 attempts for Chalky Mount, while Denica Scott netted the other goal from three attempts. For Ellerton, Phillips had two goals from five attempts, while Zakaria Sergeant netted one of her two attempts at goal.
Good Shepherd, who were also down to play, defaulted on their game.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App