Leader of the Opposition, Mia Mottley, will be the featured speaker at the Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association’s Annual General Meeting Wednesday at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre, Two Mile Hill, St. Michael.
Mottley, who has the honour of being the first female leader of the Barbados Labour Party and the Opposition, was also the country’s first female Attorney General, a post she held for five years.
With a career in politics since the early 1990s, Mottley is sure to give a thought provoking presentation, at the Caribbean LED Lighting sponsored meeting, which gets underway at 10 a.m., with a presentation by the sponsors, a statement from the BHTA said.
Reports will also be made by president of the association, Patricia Affonso-Dass and executive vice-president, Sue Springer.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App