A 24-year-old American staying at the Crane Resort in St. Philip, was today convicted on five drug-related offences.
Johnny Lee, who was charged with two counts of possession and one each of possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation, pleaded guilty to all five. Lee was fined $1,000 forthwith, which he paid, for one of the possession charges, but convicted, reprimanded and discharged on the others.
Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector David Welch, said the case arose out of the arrival here of drugs via a courier service and later the discovery of more contraband in his hotel room. (EJ)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App