With their fellow pupils cheering them on in the stands, Belmont Primary became the second school to secure a semi-final place in the Pine Hill Dairy-sponsored National Sports Council’s Primary Schools Netball Tournament, at the Netball Stadium today.
Belmont Primary were in irresistible form disposing of their two opponents without conceding a single goal.
Playing against St. Bernard’s, Belmont won 10-0 with their shooting aces Julisa Jones-Smith and Shachia Small both getting five goals from eight and nine attempts respectively.
They were also dominant against Luther Thorne, dismissing them 7-0. Once again Jones-Smith took the offensive lead, netting four goals from seven attempts while Faith Jackson had three goals from four attempts.
Cuthbert Moore prevail
Cuthbert Moore Primary defeated Eden Lodge Primary 5-2 with their goals coming from Keyanna Barrow ( 2/4) and Tamara Barrow (3/4), while for Eden Lodge Shade Simmons netted both of her attempts.
Cuthbert Moore found Luther Thorne to be stiffer opponents and were held to a 3-3 draw. For Luther Thorne Zakayla Small netted her two attempts, while Salena Taylor scored her only attempt at goal. Barrow scored one from one for Cuthbert Moore while Ashanti Crichlow had two goals from three attempts.
In the match between Eden Lodge and St. Bernard’s, the St. Michael school won 6-3 with Simmons in good touch sinking five of her nine attempts while Alexandria Yarde netted her solitary attempt.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App