The Barbados Union of Teachers recently conducted a two-day training workshop for some of its new shop stewards.
The training, organised by Chairman of Stewards, Andrea Puckering, was held at the newly renovated headquarters at “Merryhill” Welches, St. Michael on May 28 & 29.
Stewards were exposed to topics such as Grievance Handling, Effective Communication, The Education Act and You, History of the Union, Terms and Conditions of Service and Collective Bargaining by presenters mainly from the union’s Executive Committee and former PRO Cobin Hinds and Dennis de Peiza former president.
This training is a part of the focus of the executive, led by President Pedro Shepherd, which sees staff development and continuous training as an integral part of the professionalisation of the teaching service.
Participants received this training well and are now more readily equipped to face the challenges they may have from time to time in their individual work environments.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App