It was a sight to give even the toughest goose pimples.
A gas and diesel tanker truck and a panel van collided on the ABC Highway at Kingsland, with the truck literally crushing the van on the embankment.
Station Sergeant at the Oistins Police Station, Rickson Leacock, reported said that Raul Sealy, 19, was driving the van in the direction of Wildey when it slid on the wet road into the path of the Rubis tanker, heading in the direction of the Grantley Adams International Airport around 11: 05 a.m.
Sealy, of Kingsland Crest, Christ Church, was taken by ambulance to the Queens Elizabeth Hospital after complaining of chest, back, neck and shoulder pains, while Rodney Parris, of Deacons Road, St. Michael, the driver of truck, escaped with minor injuries to his hand. (MR)
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App