Usain Bolt, the triple Olympic champion from the London Games, will have to qualify for the 100 metres at this year’s world championships after Jamaican officials handed the country’s automatic entry to his training partner Yohan Blake.
Bolt, though, was handed his country’s wildcard entry to the 200m after the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association ruled in his favour for the longer sprint.
The JAAA was forced to choose between its own athletes after the sport’s world governing body ruled that only one wildcard would be allowed per country for each event.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App