The First Citizens Investment Services J 24 Regatta takes place on June 23 and 24 off Holetown, St. James in the area off the boardwalk.
President of the J24 Club Gregory Webster told a media conference at the Drift Lounge and Bar, Sunset Crest, St. James today that the race course had been designed to make the races interesting for spectators.
“The races are a mile long and have been designed to bring spectators close to the action. It is an exciting format which is intended to get spectators involved,” Webster said.
Four races will take place each day and on the second day a fifth race will be contested for First Citizens Investment Services National Championship which the sponsors and the orgranisers are hoping will be part of a bigger South Caribbean series.
Marketing officer of First Citizens Investment Services, Sharon Small, said First Citizens Investment Services have been happy to support the regatta for the past five years and urged Barbadians to turn the event into a family weekend by coming out and enjoying an exciting weekend of sailing.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App