Chefette Restaurants has once again shown its commitment to education.
Recently, the company presented the St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic school with a total of $21,000. The donation represents the yearly scholarship fund for selected children of the school who are in dire need of financial assistance.
Principal Susan Gopaul, as well as staff and students, warmly welcomed representatives from the largest restaurant chain on the island during a visit to the Jemmott’s Lane institution and expressed much appreciation for both the monetary and other donations made to the school over the years.
Since 1987, Chefette Restaurants and its associate companies have been making yearly contributions to this scholarship fund.
Advertising Manager of Chefette Restaurants, Lisa Carter, in recognising the importance of young people and the value of investing in their future, said: “We are happy to give assistance to the students who desperately need it.”
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App