John Mayer has released his latest single in a bizarre way.
The 35-year-old musician debuted his new song, Paper Doll by releasing a lyric video for the track in the form of a prancercise video. The fitness craze, invented by Joanna Rohrback which has exercisers imitating the movement of a horse, recently went viral. Mayer’s video for Paper Doll has a prancercise routine set to the new song.
The lyrics of the song are rumored to be about Mayer’s ex-girlfriend Taylor Swift. After Mayer and Swift dated in 2010, Swift released a track called Dear John, widely believed to address her relationship with Mayer. “Dear John, I see it all now that you’re gone / Don’t think I was too young to be messed with?” Swift sings in the single. “The girl in the dress cried the whole way home / I should’ve known.”
Mayer seems to hit back in Paper Doll by singing, “You’re like 22 girls in one / And none of them know what they’re running from / Was it just too far to fall for a little paper doll?” Take a listen to the song above.
While Swift called Mayer’s claim that Dear John was about him “presumptuous,” Mayer has yet to comment on whether his new single is about the pop princess.
Paper Doll is expected to be featured on Mayer’s upcoming sixth studio album. (Huffington Post)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App