Crop-Over band Wednesday 2000 might still be considering a production base, but band designer Mackie Holder says their new home at Club Marina, Bridge House, the City is very strategic at this point.
Holder explained that there had been a slight mix-up before and now they had set up in Club Marina, over on the Pierhead, an area they had been based in about 99 per cent of the time over the band’s last 19 years of existence.
“We have to move to a real production base, but that is not going to be ready for some time. So rather than lose time, we are here, but this is still a club and we can’t do the bulk of our production here,” he said, adding that for now, production was still being done at his house.
He said interest in both Kolour Me Bad, the Foreday Mornin’ band, and Uniquely Ours, the Grand Kadooment band for 2013, had been keen and there was great interest coming through online with registrations from overseas going well.
“The interest has been good. The people from overseas have been calling and emailing their registration forms, but being here at Club Marina right now gives us great visibility and it is also a nice place to relax. They actually invited us to come here and do this because of the link we have here, but we’ve always been in Bridgetown over the years in this area,” said Holder. (LB)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App