This Crop-Over, two enterprising young women have come together to make other women glamourous.
Cicely Callender and Dionne Miller have combined their knack for applying make-up to form Get Glammed.
“We both did the course at the Barbados Vocational Training Centre and we decided to team up to see what we can offer because a lot of people are into themselves and trying to make themselves look beautiful so we decided to come together to see if we could gel our skills,” said Callender.
She said that her passion for make-up is what lead her to sign up for the course.
Miller added: “Funny enough I always liked to do make-up, I wasn’t interested in makeup when I was younger it was only as I got older, probably in my teens I started to like how my face looked and I started to use different things on myself to see how they looked.
“Cicely was the person who introduced me to the course with D’borah [Blenman]. I did the course the year after she did and I found it to be very, very nice, I found it to be professional. What we did, after we completed the course, we realised how into make-up we really were, how much we really liked it, how much we enjoyed doing it so we then decided to start a business, using the Kryolan line. We found that the make-up was really, really good. The actual quality of the product was really goof and we got very, very good reaction from our clients,” she said.
The women noted their makeup packages were already planned.
How did they get involved in Crop-Over?
“The demand is definitely there. We started within a year and we just decided to project ourselves, it is Crop-Over that’s the time to show people what we have, show the people what we can do, get their attention and that’s why we decided then to have Crop-Over as our main [plank],” Miller said.
The response to Get Glammed at the launch of Ravurz Kadooment Band was “favourable” Callender noted.
“We just looking for a good season. The females are really into themselves. Everything is lashes, nails, have to be done, eyebrows have to be groomed. It is a total package. Females are just transforming themselves for this one day,” Callender stated.
Their packages range from $65 to $85 and include lip colour, gem designs, face glitter, lashes, and glamourous eye make-up. (DS)
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App