Queen’s College romped into the semi-finals of the Co-operators General Insurance Under-16 Secondary Schools Basketball Tournament yesterday evening with a 43-37 win over Harrison College.
Once again it was the pair of Nykell Wilson and Kieron Savoury who got the Husbands, St. James team over the line with 15 and 14 points respectively. Queen’s College had to overcome a five-point half-time deficit where Harrison College led 19-14.
They stepped up the efforts both on the offensive and defensive end and managed to limit the scoring opportunities of Harrison College’s prolific Christopher Holder. He still managed 13 points, while Shaheem Kissun notched 14 points.
The semi-finals will be played next Tuesday at the Wildey Gymnasium with Graydon Sealy taking on Queen’s College at 2.30 a.m., while Lester Vaughan take on Foundation at 4 p.m.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App