Two hundred and seventy-four travel agents from around the world were given a warm Bajan welcome at a reception last night at Hilton Barbados.
They got a taste of the country’s culinary offerings as well as some of the best in entertainment when Red Plastic Bag, Gabby and the Pompasetters and performed. They met members of a tuk band, danced with a Mother Sally, saw the plaiting of the maypole and took several photos of stiltmen.
This year, the agents representing the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands, France, Italy, St. Lucia, Trinidad, St. Vincent, Martinique and Guadeloupe, Brazil, and for the first time ever, three agents based in China will be participating.
In addition to the welcome reception, the agents attended the marketplace at the Concorde Experience and will be attending a polo exhibition match at Apes Hill tomorrow evening.
They will also carry out inspections at various properties across the island.
The Barbados Tourism Authority’s Communications Specialist Tricia Williams said that the agents were brought to Barbados so they could experience what the island had to offer first hand so they culd sell Barbados to their clients. (DS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App