ST. JOHN’S — A quarrel between two disc jockeys over a missing compact disc at ABS Radio and Television Station, ended in bloodshed in the predawn hours of yesterday.
Police spokesman Corporal Frankie Thomas confirmed receiving a report of the incident, but said he had no details about what occurred or the extent of the employee’s injuries.
However, OBSERVER media was told that at around 2 a.m., Clifton DJ Slick King reported for duty to relieve Jonathon Johnny 2K Maynard.
During the hand over, it is alleged Maynard began making enquiries about his music CD but King said he had no knowledge of it.
Well-placed sources said King left the building and went into a bus parked on the compound. While there, his colleague reportedly followed and the argument continued in the yard. It then escalated into a fight, during which King sustained a cut over his left eye and the back of his head was swollen up to late yesterday.
Maynard, reports indicate, was not injured.
Police and the permanent secretary within the Ministry of Information are investigating the incident. (Antigua Observer)
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App