Barbados captain and top order batsman Kirk Edwards will lead a strong West Indies “A” team against Sri Lanka “A” in three One-day matches on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at the Queen’s Park Stadium in Grenada.
With the exception of left-arm Jamaican pacer Sheldon Cotterrell, the members of the team have represented the senior West Indies side at either Test, Twenty20 or One-Day International level. Barbadian fast bowler Jason Holder who was part of the senior team to ICC Champions Trophy currently at its finals stage is also included. Test-off spinner Shane Shillingford is also included in the team.
There are three front-line spinners in the line-up including Shillingford and the left-arm orthodox Nikita Miller who was the stand-out bowler in the four-day ‘Test’ series against the visitors, as well as Veerasammy Permaul. Among those missing from the squad are Kraigg Brathwaite and Assad Fuddain who both scored centuries during the ‘Test’ series.
Squad — Kirk Edwards (captain), Nkrumah Bonner, Sheldon Cotterell, Narsingh Deonarine, Andre Fletcher, Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder, Leon Johnson, Nikita Miller, Veerasammy Permaul, Shane Shillingford, Lendl Simmons, Devon Thomas.
Management — Junior Bennett (head coach), Lockhart Sebastien (manager), Stuart Williams (assistant manager), Oba Gulston (physiotherapist), Dexter Augustus (video analyst).
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App