Professor Justice Andrew Burgess has launched his latest book Commonwealth Caribbean Company Law.
Held on Thursday night at the Savannah Hotel, it was attended by several members of the Judiciary and the local Bar.
The book published by Routledge Taylor & Francis UK, is a timely addition to materials provided for both students and practitioners of law in the area of Company Law and provides comparisons in Company law throughout the English speaking Caribbean.
In his comments, Justice Burgess spoke of the difficulty of finding Caribbean materials in some areas of law. This text was written to fill the gap in the Caribbean Company Law. The featured speaker for the evening was former Chief Justice Sir David Simmons.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App