For the third year running, Brydenstokes Ltd. and The Big Show plan to be a winning combination in the quest for calypso monarchy this Crop-Over.
The sponsorship was announced at a short presentation at the offices of Brydenstokes Ltd. on Barbarees Hill when they handed over the cheque to tent officials Merle Niles and Stedson Wiltshire, also known as Red Plastic Bag, who is also sponsored individually by some brands carried by the company.
He was be among the big names when the tent pitched at the Plantation Garden Theatre yesterday.
Marketing Coordinator, Paula Wilkinson, explained that the brands receive very good exposure from the association with the tent and patrons get the opportunity to sample some of the products in the VitaMalt, Brunswick and Anchor lines and often give good feedback to the company. The Hershey and Ferraro chocolate brands are also available.
“Our sponsorship is a holistic one. We just don’t give a cheque, we get involved, giving weekly door prizes, members of the stage crew wear our branded shirts and there is a whole Brydenstokes Ltd. team there working. It’s like a family. Plus we also give back to our customers by presenting them with tickets so that they get the opportunity to attend the Big Show,” she stated.
Wilkinson went on to add that last year they got some of the calypsonians in the tent to share their recipes using the products on Facebook and that proved popular with fans and she would like to extend it this year.
In accepting his cheque as a brand ambassador for VitaMalt and Brunswick, RPB thanked the sponsor for their interest in the art form adding: “I am looking forward to being a part of a quality tent and I know that we will be producing a quality show.”
He promised high class top quality performances as he explained that based on the types of topics he was hearing, he expected it to be an excellent year.
Brydenstokes Ltd., which is a member of the ANSA McAl group, expects to use RPB as the brand ambassador to introduce new products to the lines.
1. Red Plastic Bag discusses the range of products in the Brunswick line with Paul Batson, Brand Manager at BrydenStokes.
2. Paula Wilkinson, Marketing Coordinator presents the cheque for sponsorship of The Big Show to Red Plastic Bag.
3. Paul Batson, Brand Manager at BrydenStokes presents the cheques for sponsorship of The Big Show to Merle Niles and Red Plastic Bag of The Big Show.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App