Lawmen are investigating two robberies which occurred an hour apart today.
At 9 a.m. a male employee of Savings Plus had a bag he was carrying stolen by two unknown men in a carpark on St. Michael’s Row, the City.
One was armed with a weapon and they demanded the bag. A scuffle ensued and the male employee received two cuts to his head. The two robbers later escaped.
Meanwhile, around 10 a.m. two employees at the offices of Olympus Theatre, Sheraton Mall, Christ Church, were robbed of an undisclosed sum of money by two men, one armed with a gun. No one was hurt in the incident and the two men escaped.
Shakira Katrina Straker, 26, of Clermonte, St. Michael, who was charged with managing a brothel appeared in the Holetown Magistrate’s Court today and pleaded not guilty.
She was granted bail of $4,000 and is scheduled to re-appear in the District “D” Court on July 2. (NC)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App