This year is shaping up to be the best of all the Grand Kadooment years for one band leader.
Leader of the Mas Band, Gwyneth Squires is sticking to this position because the focus for her this year is, Guardians of Our Heritage.
She told Barbados TODAY she also believes that with her Junior and Grand Kadooment band this year she is on the road to victory.
The seven section band, which has two complete sections sold out so far will still be catering for 400 revellers due to the narrow roads. And although the speed of things for her is reasonably good she however believes that the sponsorship is not “wholesome” either.”
“Everything at the band house is very good, everybody is doing their work and it is like a family mas camp. The costumes [for Junior Kadooment] are almost finished and the big band should be done the week before,” Squires said.
Approximately 10 workers are working at the band house located in King’s Village, Dayrells Road, St. Michael to get things ready. (MR)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App