It was a wet welcome at Grantley Adams International Airport this afternoon, for the inaugural flight of one of 12 new planes being bought to replenish an aging LIAT fleet.
Known as a water salute, compliments the Barbados Fire Service, the new ATR-600 series aircraft, had travelled 7,000 miles from its manufacturing base in France and touched down at Antigua, Dominica and St. Vincent, before arriving in Barbados today.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App